Modern image formats come with huge quality and compression improvements, but at the cost of accessibly until there is wider adoption. Right now (2022-08) Pillow, PIL’s primary fork, doesn’t have support for either AVIF or HEIF of the box. But thanks to other packages we aren’t...Continue reading...
A home for professional coders’ articles, opinions and ideas.
- Using AVIF and HEIF images with Python / PIL
- AMD improves video encoding yet again! This time with Pre-Analysis
- AMD Re-introduces the B-frame!
- Movies that need a 4K HDR disc release
- Dynamic HLS Encryption for Video Streaming
- 2022 – Year of the Linux Gaming Desktop?
- Make 2022 a more stable year, use ECC Memory
amd amf basic bitrate box code coding CRF dropzone.js encoding fastflix ffmpeg h264 h265 hardware hardware encoding hdr hdr10 hevc HLS Intel learning logging multiprocessing Nvidia omx overview pi pil pillow python python 3 raspberry raspberry pi raspberrypi reusables server SSIM tutorial vce vcn video vmaf windows x265